Thursday, August 27, 2009

wedding season

real wedding from once wed. photo by our labor of love

It seems it's always the season of love & marriage... and with weddings usually come crafts. Especially in these budget saving days, handmade wedding invites, favors, flowers, decorations, etc. are becoming more prevalent and creating an even more unique & beautiful setting for the big day. I have been drawn to the website Once Wed and their gorgeous assortment of DIY/decor ideas and real wedding photo inspiration. Plus it introduces me to an enormously talented pack of designers, illustrators, photographers & crafters. Some of my favorites here:

event design by darling dexter

fabric flower garlands by dolci odille. photo by our labor of love

sweet & clever "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards by rifle design

This makes me reminisce of my own wedding 5 years ago, where I designed all the paper goods for our garden themed fiesta. I enjoy throwing parties all the time, as it gives me a good excuse to add flair to any occasion. And am already thinking about how to design it right 5 years from now for a big 10th anniversary bash. Thanks again to Once Wed, I'll have a huge archive of creative ideas by then.
Philip & I in the garden July 3, 2004

My printed designs from our wedding. The invitations were letterpressed, bound & packaged by Kim Vanderheiden of the Painted Tongue Press.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing wedding and beautiful invitations, fans, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice shot of you and phillip! haven't seen your wedding pics before!

    ReplyDelete