Wednesday, August 26, 2009

plates, please!

For years and years I have wanted to decorate one wall in our dining room with plates, yet I consistently run into resistance from the other half of the household. I bring it up often and at stealth times, thinking that I can change his perspective...hasn't worked yet. So just the other day, I was asked by some friends for advice on how to decorate a wall in their place. Trying to vicariously decorate through them I brought up the plate wall. Once again, only half the couple liked the idea. Maybe someone will give in when they see how good it can look.
Plates done perfectly: I especially love the plates made by Studio Violet. The top picture is from a wall in half of the design duo, Elisabeth Dunker's home via design sponge. The middle picture is one of their studio's designs. View their collection in it's beautiful entirety here.

This will be my next attempt at selling the idea... Mix in antlers with the plates! Stylist Phoebe Howard creates a nice fusion of dainty & masculine here. via the estate of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment